We’re glad you asked. Cheerio has established Community Rules and Terms of Service for the content users post on our app. If you notice a post or message or content that violates these guidelines, please first downvote it (if applicable) and then report it for moderation by tapping on the police icon on the content itself. On Nevermet, users can be reported or blocked by pressing the "Report/Block user" button on the bottom of a user's profile. We appreciate your help in keeping Cheerio products positive, fun, and safe for all!
Negative content makes a poor experience for everyone – and we don’t want that! Please help out the community by downvoting and reporting objectionable content, but also bring the issue to the attention of our support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to describe what you’re seeing and where you saw this content (remember to include screenshots if you can!) so that we can follow up appropriately.
We love hearing from our users! When you email email@example.com, it goes to our user support team for review and follow-up. We generally review in less than 24 hours.
If you see a post that indicates a user is in physical danger, please contact a local authority immediately. If you are concerned but don’t think there is a threat of immediate physical harm, there are many ways that you can extend a helping hand – for example, by replying to the user or by pointing them to an organization like the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
We want all users to have a great Cheerio experience! If you are concerned with another user's behavior, there are several options that can help alleviate the situation. On Cheerio, users have the ability to:
- Downvote the content that is not appropriate for your community. If a post reaches –5 downvotes, it is automatically removed from the feed.
- Report a post or message for things like offensive content, targeting, impersonation, or spam
- Mute and Block a user, by pressing “Not interested” during a Live Chat, or on the “Messages” or the “Meet People” tab. Or on Nevermet, press "Block or Report User" at the bottom of their profile. After that, no further content from that user will appear while you are in Cheerio.
- Contact Cheerio support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please see our Resources page for more suggestions
If you believe that you are being impersonated by another user, you can get assistance by emailing email@example.com. We will follow up promptly once we receive your request for review and the required identification.
We only want you to chat with the Cheerio Users you choose to chat with! That's why on Cheerio, you control who you meet by using “Filters” on the “Meet People” tab. If you’d like to block a user, you may press the “Not Interested” button at any time, and you will no longer see content from that user.
You can also contact our support team if you need additional assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For more info on blocking and other tips, see our Resources page.